Dear Top Gear Scout Participant, Leader or Parent,
The COVID-19 situation is evolving rapidly, and Scouts Victoria continues to adapt our response in line with changing advice and the latest situation.
I regret to have to inform you that we have made the difficult decision to postpone Top Gear Scout 2020.
We are very sorry to have to make this call but in the end it came down to a few major points:
a) The safety and welfare of all Participants, Leaders and the event team,
b) We wanted to give you maximum warning so you can change your travel plans,
c) There was a financial risk to the event as next week we had to order some $40,000 worth of food & hire equipment.
We will definitely run this event later in the year and you’ll be the first to hear of the new plans.
At present we are holding everyone’s applications and fees, to minimise the work of cancelling and then having to re-do the whole application process (for us, and for you).
We will be back in touch with a further update, when the COVID-19 situation is clearer, and we can safely set a new date.
If you need to be in touch in the meantime, please drop me an email at email@example.com
I imagine you are disappointed – as we are – and we thank you for your understanding.
The welfare of all Scouts, young and old, remains our top priority.
State Leader – Top Gear