I would like to provide you all with an update of what we have been working on behind the scenes. Due the current climate & restrictions we had made the difficult decision to abandon our current major event format of overnight camping and as a result of that, the Top Gear Committee were planning to run single day Motorsport Events for Top Gear Scout this year.
This would have provided almost 3 times more driving time per driver along with keeping a number of our other adrenaline filled activities.
However with the announcement to extend the current lockdown our plans to commence the new format on the weekend of the 18th & 19th September can unfortunately no longer proceed and therefore Top Gear Scout 2021 will have to be Cancelled for now.
We are working very closely with Victorian State Branch and the Mafeking Rover Park Committee, if the opportunity arises to reschedule for later in the year we will let you know as soon as we have those dates.
Don’t worry, All those participants who currently have carry over tickets from previously cancelled events will have first pick for any future events they are eligible to attend (whether that be Top Gear Scout or Top Gear Venturer). Alternatively refunds can be requested by emailing [email protected] however this will remove your spot from the priority list.
We hope everyone stays safe during this difficult time & we will see you back outdoors when it’s safe to do so 🙂
Yours in Scouting
Victorian State Leader – Top Gear